Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Northern Arizona VA Health Care System
- On the Fast Track to Success: A Marine Vet's Story
- Mike Wilford served 12 years active duty in the Marine Corps and 13 years in the reserves. Mike is proud of his military service but auto racing is in his blood. His grandfather used to sponsor auto races.
- Our Volunteers Make a Difference
- NAVAHCS has over 650 volunteers and they support our staff on a regular basis by assisting us and helping Veterans. Our Veterans deserve the best from our staff and volunteers and they continuously provide just that.
- Clinical Laboratory Plays an Important Role
- Despite a shortage of qualified Medical Technologist and Technicians, the NAVAHCS Clinical Laboratory continues to provide timely, accurate patient information to staff, enabling them to diagnose and treat diseases.
- Polacca Ribbon Cutting Event
- Earlier this month, Northern Arizona VA Health Care System (NAVAHCS) opened a new Primary Care Telehealth Outpatient Clinic (PTOC) in Polacca, AZ at the Hopi Health Care Center (HHCC).
- What Happens When You Stop Smoking?
- It is never too late to quit and benefit from a smoke-free lifestyle. People who have smoked for decades can notice big changes within just a few minutes. From 20 minutes to 72 hours after your quit, changes happen.
- My HealtheVet
- For one Veteran, the ability to stay in touch with your VA care team is an important aspect of your health care. My HealtheVet helps make this happen for Veterans. Get started today with access to your health records.
- Telehealth is the newest in medical care. It has been developed and designed to help Veterans who cannot travel long distances to the medical centers. NAVAHCS Telehealth program began in 2009.
- From Fear to Love: My Experience in Hospice
- Dorothy Thompson is a nurse in Hospice and Palliative Care at the Community Living Center at Northern Arizona VA Health Care System (NAVAHCS). She has been working at NAVAHCS since May 2013.
- Building a Patient Driven Culture at NAVAHCS
- NAVAHCS has 42 employees in EMS and all are Veterans. EMS Supervisor Steve Peterson believes in teaching all of his employees the importance of working at the VA for the Veterans and providing the best care possible.
- System Redesign
- One of the most important aspects of systems redesign is creating a culture of continuous improvement. This can be achieved through educating team members and providing them with the tools and processes for improvement.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- World War II Vet Says Volunteering Keeps Him Alive
- Ninety-two-year-old Orville Swett, a retired optician, has been volunteering at the VA eye clinic in Daytona Beach for 25 years. His job? Adjusting glasses for Veterans who visit the clinic.
- Dedicated Volunteers Serve Veterans for Decades
- Volunteering: the ultimate exercise in democracy. We may vote in elections once a year, but when we volunteer, we vote every day for the kind of community we want to live in.
- How Occupational Therapy Works for You
- VA's occupational therapists help Veterans participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities and occupations. Read on to learn how they do it.
- National Public Health Week - Five Days to Health
- Veterans, how many times do you exercise per week? Immunizations up to date? When was the last time you got tested for HIV? Here's VA's “Five Days to Health” challenge to help build a healthier you.
- Goal: Satisfying Sexual Relationship
- Many Veterans struggle with sexuality in their relationships. Two VA psychologists assert that a satisfying sexual relationship strengthens the whole family and it needs to be addressed.
- Winter Clinic World-Leader in Adaptive Sports
- VA's annual National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic has significantly changed the lives of thousands of disabled Veterans, reminding them of the wonder life still has to offer.
- Rehab Veterans volunteer for four-week lock down
- Unique approach to rehab. At the Topeka VA, a new voluntary alcohol and drug rehab program called 'Fresh Start' requires patients to commit to 30 days of intense therapy in a locked unit.
- Veterans with PTSD Reclaiming Their Lives
- VA is working hard every day to help Veterans with PTSD, from World War II generals to Iraqi conflict corporals. Here are links to resources and courageous stories from Veterans who have been there.
- These Veterans lost a LOT of weight. You can too!
- Hundreds of Veterans of all ages — and shapes — are losing weight every day with VA's MOVE! program and now there's an app to help you join this happy, healthy group. Check it out!
- You Can Make the Most of Your Whole Health
- It's not about what's the matter with you. It's about what matters most to you. There's a link to a form in this story that could help you enhance your overall well-being by focusing on these factors.