Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Northern Arizona VA Health Care System
- Something New
- Construction is underway for the new two story, 18,000 square-foot mental health building at Northern Arizona VA Health Care System (NAVAHCS). The new facility is scheduled to open next summer.
- Plan Ahead for Long Term Care
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- Rural Veterans Served by Community Partnerships
- The Northern Arizona VA Health Care System is reaching out to Veterans in rural communities within Indian Country. The mobile medical unit facilitated these services to Chinle, Pinon and Tsaile.
- Honoring VA Volunteers
- Across the nation volunteers were honored during National Volunteer Week (April 10-16) for their hard work and selfless acts of kindness. The VA operates one of the largest volunteer programs in the federal government.
- What's in Your Communication "Toolbox"?
- Several tools are available for Veterans and family members to provide feedback regarding the services provided by the Northern Arizona VA. This feedback aids in service rercovery to improve on the Veterans experience.
- How You Can Help Ensure Safe Patient Care
- Veterans have the option of accessing their medical records online, and using secure email to contact their VA Primary Care teams with any questions or discrepancies using MyHealtheVet.
- How Routine Screenings Can Improve Health
- Routine screenings can improve your health and help prevent disease. At the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System, our promise to Veterans is to provide the right care for the right patient at the right time.
- Enhancing Access for Rural Veterans
- Enhancing access to health care for rural Veterans is a top priority for the VA Office of Rural Health, Northern Arizona VA Health Care System and the Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation.
- The M.O.V.E. Program
- The M.O.V.E. Program (Motivating Obese/Overweight Veterans Everywhere) was developed to get Veterans "moving" toward better health. The program is focused on teaching small steps to change unhealthy habits.
- Improving Access and Care with MyHealtheVet
- MyHealtheVet is one of the newest tools available for Veterans to communicate back and forth with their teams at the VA. MyHealtheVet grew radically in 2013, so that your medical records are - yours!
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Stand Downs - Putting Lives Back Together
- Stand Downs — Providing services to homeless Veterans, including health screenings, benefits counseling and other referrals. A collaborative effort by VA and other government and community agencies.
- Veterans: Have a health question? Search here!
- We’ve put the contacts for almost all your health questions in one convenient health index. Add this site to your FAVORITES for a link to take you to VA websites with valuable information.
- Helping Women Veterans Find the Help They Need
- VA’s Women Veterans Call Center has received over 11,000 incoming calls and made nearly 130,000 outbound calls, successfully reaching 76,000 women Veterans. The number is 1-855-VA-WOMEN.
- National Veterans Wheelchair Games Come to Philadelphia
- The National Veterans Wheelchair Games are designed to improve the quality of life for Veterans with disabilities and to foster better health through sports competition.
- The Purple Heart: One Veteran's Long Journey
- Thousands of American Veterans have received the Purple Heart. We mark the anniversary of the creation of the award by George Washington with the story of John Reist, wounded three times in Vietnam.
- Veterans: Keep Your Immunizations Up to Date
- Protect you and your family by keeping your vaccinations current. Here are some helpful links to websites on immunization information.
- Vanquishing PTSD at the Cellular Level
- VA researchers are exploring the possibility of using a steroid pill to take the trauma out of traumatic memories by quieting the intense and sometime debilitating emotions associated with those memories.
- The Other Side of VA Dentistry
- Dr. Dai Phan provides an accurate reproduction so that dental and nasal prostheses can be fabricated — a little known service provided to Veterans who have lost part of their oral cavity due to trauma or cancer.
- Once Homeless, Veteran Now Works for VA
- Formerly homeless Veteran James Mobley, 53, now works full-time as a social services aide at the same VA domiciliary in Dublin, Ga., where he spent nearly a year in recovery.
- Fighting is My Meditation
- After serving in the Army, mixed martial arts fighter Joe Duarte found his world spinning out of control. After VA PTSD therapy, he now finds peace at home and in the ring.