Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps.
1. Please switch auto forms mode to off.
2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc).
3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow.
You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
Northern Arizona VA Health Care System
- Building a Patient Driven Culture at NAVAHCS
- NAVAHCS has 42 employees in EMS and all are Veterans. EMS Supervisor Steve Peterson believes in teaching all of his employees the importance of working at the VA for the Veterans and providing the best care possible.
- System Redesign
- One of the most important aspects of systems redesign is creating a culture of continuous improvement. This can be achieved through educating team members and providing them with the tools and processes for improvement.
- Something New
- Construction is underway for the new two story, 18,000 square-foot mental health building at Northern Arizona VA Health Care System (NAVAHCS). The new facility is scheduled to open next summer.
- Plan Ahead for Long Term Care
- Explore your long term care services and supports now, while you don't need them. Personal proactive planning can provide you peace of mind for yourself and those you care about.
- Rural Veterans Served by Community Partnerships
- The Northern Arizona VA Health Care System is reaching out to Veterans in rural communities within Indian Country. The mobile medical unit facilitated these services to Chinle, Pinon and Tsaile.
- Honoring VA Volunteers
- Across the nation volunteers were honored during National Volunteer Week (April 10-16) for their hard work and selfless acts of kindness. The VA operates one of the largest volunteer programs in the federal government.
- What's in Your Communication "Toolbox"?
- Several tools are available for Veterans and family members to provide feedback regarding the services provided by the Northern Arizona VA. This feedback aids in service rercovery to improve on the Veterans experience.
- How You Can Help Ensure Safe Patient Care
- Veterans have the option of accessing their medical records online, and using secure email to contact their VA Primary Care teams with any questions or discrepancies using MyHealtheVet.
- How Routine Screenings Can Improve Health
- Routine screenings can improve your health and help prevent disease. At the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System, our promise to Veterans is to provide the right care for the right patient at the right time.
- Enhancing Access for Rural Veterans
- Enhancing access to health care for rural Veterans is a top priority for the VA Office of Rural Health, Northern Arizona VA Health Care System and the Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation.
From the Veterans Health Administration
- Flu Shots: More Access, Seamless Documentation
- VA partners with Walgreens to expand real-time sharing of medical information of vaccines provided by Walgreens to enrolled Veterans. VA is covering the cost of about 75,000 flu shots.
- Free Rides for Vets Living in Highly Rural Areas
- VA has just made it possible for more of America’s Veterans living in highly rural areas to get free transportation to a VA medical center or other facilities that provide VA care.
- With a Little Help, a Veteran's Life Transformed
- One minute, Army Veteran Robbie Myers was living in a tent. The next, he was winning a nationally-televised cooking competition. His amazing journey began when he walked into a VA Medical Center.
- Dondi gets Flu Shot Along with 96-year-old Creator
- 96-year-old Veteran Irwin Hasen is the cartoonist who created the famous character Dondi, a war orphan. He recently sketched his famous creation reminding Veterans and VA staff to get their flu shot.
- Go Green for Mental Illness Awareness Week
- In observance of Mental Illness Awareness Week, VA facilities will be sponsoring events designed to educate Veterans, their families and staff on mental health recovery concepts and practices.
- Slimming Down Helps with Diabetes & Pre-diabetes
- Weight loss in overweight adults with diabetes can improve blood sugar levels, decrease the need for some medications, reduce blood pressure, improve heart function, and improve cholesterol levels.
- Male Breast Cancer: A Rare Disease, on the Rise
- Male breast cancer is rare, accounting for less than one percent of cancers in men and less than one percent of all breast cancer. VA researchers are helping to understand the phenomenon.
- VA Leads the Nation in Breast Cancer Screening
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. VA wants to help Veterans learn more about breast cancer with the helpful tools listed in this story including a Breast Cancer Risk Calculator.
- High Heels a Snap With New Prosthetic Foot
- Veterans and others who have lost a lower limb and need prosthetic feet have been limited in the footwear they can choose. A VA researcher in Minneapolis and his colleagues aim to change that.
- The Blue Button is Literally a Life Saver
- Read how one married couple — both Veterans — use VA’s online Personal Health Record, My HealtheVet, all the time and encourage Veterans to sign up and take advantage of its many great features.