Northern Arizona VA Health Care System
Opportunities and open positions may change from week to week. Our staff will work diligently to find the right fit for you and our Veterans, but be advised it may take time. Check with a specialist to see an updated list of opportunities and help you determine what is best!
Here is a list of many common positions within the VA Medical Center:
- Escort Runner - Escort patients in wheel chairs and on gurneys to designated areas. Deliver lab specimens, patient charts and records.
- Shuttle Driver -Transport patients and their guests around the facility, including to their vehicle and medical appointments. Volunteers must show proof of driver’s license, pass the physical and be trained on the use of the cart.
- Clerical - Assist with general clerical work, typing, filing, collating, and reception work.
- Recreation - Transport patients to activities. Participate in recreational sports activities assisting Veterans (bingo games, card games etc.).
- Hospice - Provide support to the Veterans in the inpatient Hospice Program and assist family members in various ways.
- Veterans History Project - Assist with the interviewing, transcribing and video taping of Veterans stories for the Library of Congress.
- Information Desk - Provide Medical Center information and directions to patients and visitors.
- Comfort Cart - Deliver “Welcome Kits” comfort items (toiletries, books, stationary, flowers, etc) to patients' bedsides.
Stop by or call Voluntary Services at (928) 776-6013.