Northern Arizona VA Health Care System
Opportunities and open positions may change from week to week. Our staff will work diligently to find the right fit for you and our Veterans.
Here is a list of many common positions within the VA Medical Center:
NAVAHCS Guest Services Programs:
The Guest Services program at the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System applies hotel-type amenities and services to hospitalized Veterans. Donations support these programs and volunteers serve as “care ambassadors” to provide for the needs of our patients. Services provided by the Guest Services program include:
- Care Ambassadors – Volunteers stationed at the information desk near the Outpatient Clinic welcome Veterans as they enter the facility. They assist with information, directions and provide refreshments.
- Courtesy Shuttle – Volunteer drivers provide transportation for Veterans from the parking areas to their facility destination.
- Flower Delivery – Volunteers deliver a fresh flower donated by a local florist to hospitalized Veterans each week.
- Welcome Kits – A kit containing various sundries and comfort items is presented to newly admitted Veterans by a volunteer. This provides Veterans with supplies to make their stay more comfortable.
- Postage Stamps – Veterans are able to obtain phone cards, postage stamps and stationary through the Guest Services program upon request. This amenity is supplied through donations to the program.
- Patient Clothing Room – NAVAHCS offers used clothing and comfort items to Veterans in the Hospital, Domiciliary, and Community Living Center, open Tuesday and Thursday from 9am to 2pm. This program is furnished through donations and is ran by volunteers.
If you have any questions, please stop by the Theater, building 15 or call Voluntary Services at (928) 776-6013.