If you have symptoms of fever, cough, and shortness of breath, call us at the Nurse Advice Line at 1-877-252-4866 before visiting us. For other concerns, you may be able to access VA care from home by phone or using VA virtual care options. More Details
Prepare for a visit: Everyone entering our facilities is screened, and visitors are limited. Face coverings are mandatory: we encourage you to bring your own, or you can use one we provide. Please contact us first before going to any of our locations. For some needs, you may be able to get care at home by phone or video.
For the latest coronavirus information: Visit the CDC website.
NAVAHCS is Moving Forward Together
NAVAHCS is resuming limited services
The Northern Arizona VA Healthcare System (NAVAHCS) has started a gradual re-opening of its campus for non-urgent appointments and procedures. In order to protect Veterans and staff, initial scheduling will be limited to a minimal number of face-to-face visits.
To minimize the risk of exposure, Veterans are asked to arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before the start time of their appointment.
Continued safety measures include:
- Everyone arriving at the facility’s entrance will be asked screening questions.
- Everyone entering a VA facility must wear a face covering or mask. Masks will be provided at the screening checkpoint for those who do not bring their own.
- Visitors are still not allowed inside the facility. Veterans who need physical assistance may be accompanied by a caregiver over the age of 18.
- Strict social distancing will be practiced inside VA facilities. Minimal seating will be available, and patients will be directed quickly to exam areas.
- Clinic staff may ask Veterans the screening questions again.
- Pharmacy will continue to mail out medications to limit the number of Veterans in the Outpatient Pharmacy area.
Virtual care options are still available for Veterans and include:
- MyHealtheVet https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhv-portal-web/home
- Newly added option for Veterans to send Secure Messages to Pharmacy
- VA Video Connect https://www.mobile.va.gov/app/va-video-connect
- VA Telehealth https://www.telehealth.va.gov/
- VA Annie App https://veteran.mobile.va.gov/wayf/v2/index.html?scope=VETERAN&redirect_uri=/annie-vet/
Choose the MyHealtheVet tab to log in. Register in the Annie app and following the instructions. l
Prescription Refills – Veterans may request prescription refills, order, and have medications mailed to their homes using My HealtheVet or the Rx Refill mobile app. Download the app at va.gov/app/rx-refill. Or call (800) 949-1005 and press 1.
Taking into account guidance from various federal, state, and local agencies, the NAVAHCS will continue to reintroduce operations in an environment that is safe for Veterans and staff. We will provide future updates as we expand additional services.
For more information on what VA is doing to protect and care for Veterans, their families, health care providers, and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our public health website HERE.
We are proud to Serve YOU!
For more information about the Coronavirus, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html. Learn more »
Events & Classes
VA Video Connect (VVC) MOVE! Group - 16 Week MOVE! Program
Jul 13, 2020 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM (MST)
Video Conferencing Healthy Teaching Kitchen Cooking Class
Jul 13, 2020 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM (MST)
VA Video Connect (VVC) MOVE! Group - 16 Week Program
Jul 13, 2020 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (MST)